Ice Age Festival
Mark your calendars now for the Ice Age Festival on Saturday, January 25, 2020 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Virginia Museum of Natural History for a day full of incredible displays of the most iconic animals to roam the earth during the last Ice Age! The event also includes actual Ice Age fossils, presentations by Ice Age experts, as well as all of the games, crafts and activities that you'd expect at a museum festival!
- Meet the life-like recreation of an 8 foot tall, giant ground sloth!
- View the museum's incredible Ice Age exhibit, featuring the cast skelton of Smilodon - commonly known as a saber-toothed cat - giant beavers and more!
- Real Ice Age fossils from the museum's collections available to view and touch!
- Amazing animal mount displays, including a polar bear, arctic fox, muskox, and more!
- Animal balloon artist!
- Ice Age themed games and activities for children provided by museum educators!
- Food and drinks available for purchase in the museum's PALEO Café!
- Amazing Ice Age souvenirs available for purchase from the Museum Store!
Virginia Museum of Natural History
21 Starling Avenue
Martinsville, VA 24112
Saturday, 25 January 2020 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
$7 per adult
$5 for ages 3-18 and seniors ages 60+
FREE for museum members and members of ASTC participating museums.