5 7 $5.00 - $7.00
Join us for the triumphant return of Bug Festival at the Virginia Museum of Natural History on Saturday, June 15 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.!
- Live insects and arachnids from the Bayer Insectarium, Virginia Tech, and Exotics & Aquatics!
- Madagascar hissing cockroach races!
- Flea circus!
- Eat a scorpion...and win a sticker to prove it to your friends!
- Real fossil arthropods dating back to the Triassic period (~226 million years ago)!
- Preserved specimens from the museum's invertebrate collections - the largest collection in Virginia!
- Tours of the museum's dermestid beetle colony (this activity has an additional $3 charge per person, which can be paid at the tour)
- Stump the Experts: Bring an unusual bug to the festival and have the experts try to identify it and teach you about it!
- Catching Bugs: Learn how expert entomologists collect and prepare insects for museum collections during live demonstrations!
- Bug-themed activities and crafts!
- Balloon animals!
- Rock climbing wall for kids!
- Children under 3, members of the Virginia Museum of Natural History, and members of any ASTC Passport participating institution enter for free and do not need tickets.
- Pre-purchased tickets cannot be refunded.